The 10 most popular beers in the world in 2021, according to Untappd
Yes, we’re all but at the end of another year, and though it has undoubtedly another incredibly tough one for the hospitality industry, we were at least able to get back out into our favourite bars, restaurants and pubs.
As such, there has been plenty of data for the folk over at Untappd to delve into in order to release their top 10 beers of 2021 list.
There was a newcomer in 10th spot on the list, as Yuengling’s Traditional Lager knocked out of the top 10.
The list is devised by looking at how many ‘check-ins’ each beer got (i.e., how many times an Untappd user shared with the app that they were drinking a specific beer).
Without further ado, here’s the top 10 in full:
- Guinness Draught/ Guinness — 188,064 check-ins
- Heineken/ Heineken — 106,885 check-ins
- Punk IPA/ BrewDog — 98,006 check-ins
- Corona Extra/ Grupo Modelo — 92,795 check-ins
- IPA/ Lagunitas Brewing Co. — 92,157 check-ins
- Miller Lite/ Miller Brewing Co. — 89,962 check-ins
- Birra Moretti L’Autentica/Ricetta Originale/ Birra Moretti — 81,830 check-ins
- Tripel Karmeliet/ Brouwerij Bosteels — 80,512 check-ins
- Stella Artois/ Stella Artois — 79,392 check-ins
- Traditional Lager/ Yuengling Brewery — 78,437 check-ins