8 Surprising Beer Health Benefits Alcohol Lovers Should Know
When it comes to alcoholic drinks that have surprising health benefits, red wine has always been the most popular one. But did you know that beer also has its own share of secret health benefits?
Is Beer Healthy?
People usually see beer as a guilty pleasure and associates it with beer belly, weight gain and other negative side effects. But according to science, when consumed moderately, beer will provide you with surprising health benefits.
As we celebrate National Beer Lovers Day today, what better way to spend this fun day than to learn about the health benefits you’ll be enjoying with today’s drinks? Sit back, grab a cold one and here are the surprising beer health benefits that you should take note of!
1. Beer reduces the risk of heart disease – As per studies, moderate beer drinking may make you less prone to heart attacks. This is thanks to the natural antioxidants found in beer called phenols, which help reduce oxidative stress in our bodies.
2. Protects against Alzheimer’s Disease – Another remarkable benefit that comes with moderate beer consumption is its ability to protect us from degenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s. Beer’s silicon content is thought to be behind this as it helps protect the brain.
3. Lower diabetes risk – Those who drink moderate amounts of beer can also enjoy a lower risk of diabetes as the alcohol content in beer helps increase our body’s overall insulin sensitivity.
4. Helps prevent kidney stones – A study conducted in Finland reveals that moderate beer consumption can help reduce the risk of developing kidney stones by a staggering 40%. According to the study, this is thanks to beer’s high water content, which assists in flushing out harmful toxins from our bodies.
5. Beer lowers bad cholesterol – The soluble fiber in beer can also help reduce the bad cholesterol in your body. This soluble fiber can also help promote healthy blood sugar and blood cholesterol levels.
6. It strengthens your bones – Thanks to beer’s high silicon content, it can also help build stronger bones. Furthermore, it also helps reduce the risk of developing osteoporosis later in life.
7. Boosts creativity – No wonder a pint or two can help you come up with crazy ideas! According to studies, this is because beer can help improve your creativity, even enhance your memory.
8. Good for your skin – Surprisingly, beer is also good for your skin as it has vitamins, which helps in skin regeneration. A pint or two in moderation can also help make your skin supple and smooth.
Now that you know the health benefits that come with drinking beer, how about having a drink today? But don’t just open any beer, get yourself one of these highly recommended beers from our list, which you can also conveniently order for delivery.