Diageo supports launch of global standards for online sale and delivery of alcohol
A global partnership of the 12 leading beer, wine, and spirits producers that form the International Alliance for Responsible Drinking (IARD), alongside 14 prominent global and regional online retailers, and e-commerce and delivery platforms spanning six continents, have identified five key safeguards to help ensure that robust standards are in place throughout the entire supply chain and customer journey.
The standards outlined include:
- Improving safeguards and security measures that aim to prevent minors from being able to buy alcohol
- Putting in place mechanisms to prevent beer, wine, and spirits being delivered to minors, to individuals showing visible signs of intoxication, or where prohibited by law
- Providing tools, information, and education, or other support to drivers to empower them to deny delivery
- Enhancing consumer information and control
- Promoting global standards as a resource to support the development of national level codes and practices for the online sale and delivery of alcohol that build on local and national regulation.
JOIN OUR FREE NEWSLETTER
Remain an expert and save time ? Take few seconds to complete the registration form. Click here !